Sunday, July 4, 2010


DETECTED FAULT IN TIME TABLE OF 289 INDORE BHOPAL PASSENGER

I had a booking in train No 289 Bhopal Passenger for the date 05/07 from UJN TO BPL. The status was waitlist so I checked the status from DWX and it was available Please check the time table form official web site. It leaves INDB at 23:30 on day 1 & reaches DWX at 00:06 on day 2 & so on UJN @ 00:55 on day 2. So I booked the ticket from DWX TO BPL with boarding point UJN.
As it covers the journey between DWX, UJN & BPL on the same day. So I booked the ticket from DWX to BPL with boarding point UJN on 05/07.
But when I checked the pnr I was astonished to see journey date 06/07. I thought I made a mistake while entering date so cancelled the ticket immediately. The PNR no of it was 824-4593449.
Booked ticket again and the same thing happened again with the PNR no 840-0443950. I was not able to understand why It was happening. On the pnr status page I clicked on the tab "Get Schedule" & astonished to see a new time table of the train.
Please check the pnr first & open the schedule form same page you will get an error.
It shows that train leaves INDB @ 23:45 on day 1 & reaches DWX @ 02:21 on day 2 & reaches UJN @ 01:10 on day 3.
so it is showing that the train takes around 23 hours to cover the journey of just 41 KM.
I called IRCTC & reported the matter.
After a long discussion they agreed to my point & told me that they reported the error to PRS but still I am confused that what will happen. My journey date is 05/07 or 06/07.
The ticket print out says it is 06/07 but it is system error which is clear to every one.
IRCTC suggested me not to book tickets until the error not fixed.
In evening I again checked the matter
Railway had fixed the problem
and again my journey date changed to 05/07(My desired date).
So my problem get solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment